** Demonstration Video
MIDI jacket - Pcomp Final Project from Bin Oh on Vimeo.
- You can play MIDI with a Jacket.
- Everything is hidden, so the jacket looks just normal
- Tap & Rub supported
** Not too Bad
- Sensitivity of the sensors.. need more calibration
- Parts are HERE !!
- Change From the Initial Plan
- 4 FSRs & 2 Potentiometers
- 4 FSRs -> MIDI Note with 3 different dynamics (Lo, Mid , Hi)
- Potentiometer on Left arm -> MIDI Note with metro function( it decides the speed of pulse, the pulse plays MIDI note )
- Potentiometer on Right arm -> Pitch bend function of a selected sound sample
- Preset : Lower Left - Hihat / Upper Left - Crash
Lower Right - Snare / Upper Right Kick
Left Pot - Rim Shot Roll / Right Pot - SFX
- Arudino is in a pocket, inside of the jacket. Watch out your lower back!!
- Wires are sewn to the jacket.
^ Connection to Arduino
** Software **
Arduino - Simple Serial Communication Code
** MAX - Serial to MIDI **
- it has 2 MIDI outs, each connects to a different soft synth.
** Sound Sample - Drums : Battery / SFX : Reason **
- Battery receives Note on/off (include velocity) MIDI signals from Max
- Reason receives Note on/off with picthbend info from Max